There are a number of fine places on the web to go to get more information
about CSS. The following annotated list contains a few of the better
- CSS Cheat Sheet
- A concise, easy to use quick reference for CSS properties and the values
that they can take.
- MSDN CSS
- The Mozilla Developer Network
site is a great place to go for a high quality documentation on a wide range
of web technologies. The CSS resources include a reference, a tutorial, and
a demos section.
World Wide Web Consortium is the offical standards body for World Wide
Web standards, including CSS. So you can't find a more authoritative
tutorial than this one.
- This site contains numerous brief explainations and illustrations of
- w3schools has tutorials on a wide range of web mastering topics. The
CSS Tutorial is a
good place to start for further study of this topic.
- HTML Dog CSS Tutorials
- HTML Dog provides clearly written
- CSS Zen Garden
- The CSS Zen Garden is the place to visit if you want to see what web
masters and artists can do with CSS to make a website beautiful.
- Web Design Group
- The Web Design Group provides a complete set of resources for
CSS, including tutorials,
structure guide, properties list, and syntax checker, which are
also available in Spanish.
- Color Scheme Designer
- Color Scheme Designer provides a handy twist on a
color wheel by using
it to generate combinations of colors that will work well together on a
- Learn CSS Layout
- This clearly written and beautifully illustrated little tutorial takes
you step-by-step through understanding basic CSS layout.
- Farewell Floats: The Future of CSS Layout
- While a pre-grid article, it still does a good job explaining some of the
history and challenges of web design layout and helps make clear the issues
that grid was designed to solve.
- Grid Garden
- Learn CSS grid layout by playing a game.
- Grid by Example
- Adopted by major web browsers in 2017,
CSS grid layout
is the coolest thing ever to happen to CSS layout. This clearly presented
resource provides a great introduction to this must know technology.
Process of Website Creation
The following provide a general overview of the process of website creation:
How to Make a Website: The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide by Matt Banner
- Now that you have the skills to make a website, where do you create one?
This step-by-step guide offers recommendations and describes the process.
- First Site Guides
A wonderful collection of PDF guides including
How to Make a Website
Web Hosting Explained.
Business of Website Creation
The following provide more information about the business of website
Website Development for Company Success
- The Fueled website in general is a
great place to visit to see beautiful web pages cleanly written using the
full range of the latest web standards. The Website Development for
Company Success page provides concise, clearly written advice for
running a web business.
- Visit several of the resources above. Create a web page in a file
onmyown.html and create an ordered list of 5 specific
things you find in your search that are not discussed in this tutorial.
Cite the source of each finding and include a link to it. As always, be
sure your page validates for both HTML and CSS.
- Create a web page in a file named
Using everything you have learned so far, design a page that enables you to
strut your stuff. You can think of this page as the one you would
want to show to an employer if you were applying for a job as a webmaster.